2002 Chevy Avalanche = ABs & brake lightson, brakes hard to push at times and loud growling noise.

Taylina
0

Asked by Taylina Sep 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche

The ABS and brake lights will come onafter I drive a short distance.  The brakes will become hard to push and sometimes feel like I am not foing to stop.  There is a loud growling type of noise (like errrrrrrrrr) when I step on brakes.  I have replace the pads and rotors all the way around.

califcarson
2,055

Why don't you or have a reputable brake shop check you brake pads? It sounds like the pads are worn down do the metal and that is causing the grinding noise. Do this quickly before you need to replace the rotors instead of just having them turned.