2008 Elantra radio question

Judy Waite Lee
0

Asked by Judy Waite Aug 20, 2012 at 05:45 PM about the 2008 Hyundai Elantra

Ok so I have a 2008 Elantra that is now on its 3 factory radio. This one when it plays sounds like someone is turning the volume up and down. It does it playing the radio and the cd. I tried to get the dealership to put in another radio or fix this one and they said they could not because it is past warrentee. Any ideas as to what it could be and how to fix it????

Ithwear
0

The 2008 Hyundai Elantra is equipped with "AVC" (auto volume control, Owner's Manual, page 4-93, 4-98, 4-104) The volume of the stereo will automatically decrease when you slow down and increase when you speed up to compensate for road noise and engine RPMs. I've noticed it on my 2008 Elantra as well. I hope this is all you have been experiencing. It's a little annoying but I've learned to live with it. The Volume change should only be a few decibels. (kind of like "oh hey..thats a little quieter...)

Judy Waite Lee
0

Thanks! I know that it does that...this is something different. The volume goes up and down every 5 seconds or so. I just noticed it seems to happen after the radio has been on for 15-20 minutes..long enough to warm up. I also noticed if I play a CD it comes out very very warm.