Red LED temp light stays on and temp gauge cycles upon turning the key but stays at the bottom

bsnively68
0

Asked by bsnively68 Jan 07, 2013 at 12:36 PM about the 2001 Land Rover Discovery

my 2001 Land Rover Discovery SE7 recently started having minor issues, the LED temp light stays on the
temp needle will cycle from bottom to top once the key is turned but will only stay at the bottom and the
LED light remains on. has anyone had this problem? I don't want to drive it and risk further harm to the
motor.

300SDLGUY
895

There is always a risk to the engine if you drive it when it overheats. Have you checked the antifreeze level? If its okay, have you flushed the radiator system ever, if not might be a good time do get fresh fluid in the system. Also, this could be an issue with the waterpump, do you see any antifreeze leaking from the front of the engine block itself? If so, pump might be leaking and failing. Also, it could be a faulty thermostat, depending on how any miles are on you vehicle, it could be any or ALL of these issues. When the gauge shows its very hot have you opened the hood to see if you see any steam or anything leaking? If not, it might even be a faulty gauge, but better look into the other items first.

Shaun Duron
0

Just happen to me today. I have an OBD2 sensor wirelessly hooked up to my phone and it is not overheating. My MPH and REVs have no response. Lower power on the display.