my heat doesnt go on til i have been driving car for 5 minutes then when idiling or at stop cold air comes on 08 impala, is that my thermostat?

sexiscorpio
0

Asked by sexiscorpio Dec 15, 2012 at 04:21 AM about the 2008 Chevrolet Impala

GMCustomerService
1,375

hello, After checking my resources, I did not find an answer to what you are experiencing with your ac and heat. I would suggest taking your Impala into your Chevy dealership to see what's going on. I could also check your VIN, to see if there are any open recalls or special coverages that may be related to this issue you're having. If so , please email me at socialmedia@gm.com Attn: Vanessa with your last 8-digits of you're VIN, name, current mileage, and contact number. Regards, Vanessa GM Customer Service

12,935

If the engine is getting up to temp then its not the thermostat. Its most likely either, low coolant caused an air pocket in the heater core or something is plugged blocking the flow. Some of the early 2000s had a small orifice in the heater core line inlet that got clogged very easily. They did that to prevent large debris from entering the heater core.

Northwest_Auto
35

try bleeding you cooling system making sure there is no air in the system

GuruGary
10

I have had several problems with the cooling system and the heater not working in mine. New water pump, flush and fill cooling system, etc. All to no avail. Sometimes the heater works, sometimes it doesn't. Many other issues with my '08 Impala, which I purchased in '08 from a dealer with 30,000 miles on it.