Ford Taurus x 2008

eduardo32azul
0

Asked by eduardo32azul Mar 10, 2013 at 02:26 PM about the 2008 Ford Taurus

Hi,

I´m from Chile, and I have a problem with my car, happens every time I start my car, a
strange sound occurs under the glovebox, from the beginning the sound was not as
prevalent, but it is becoming more intense, it's like a steady beat. I thought this was in the
airbag, but it is not, the blow is on a platform, which is not distinguished achievement. I tried
to seek help in my country, but Ford will not give me guarantees, because my car was
purchased in the U.S. Hopefully you can help me.

61,275

Could it be something in the heating duct work? Does the noise stop if the blower motor is turned off?

mrmoony
2,330

Could be a harmless noise coming from vacuum ran diverted flaps in the tubes for air flow to the ducts. If it goes away after it does its little song myself I wouldn't worry about it. Did you ever try to sit in the car after you shut it off to see if it does a similar backwards noise?

114,805

air in the cooling system or a restriction in your heater core. It is directly on the other side of the glovebox.

17,845

blend door actuators go bad all the time and make a noise like you are describing. they usually will knock a few times when you first start it and then go away. a way to check if it is a actuator when you get it running move the temperature control back and both a few times see if it makes the noise. if it dosent move the controls for for defrost floor and panel back and forth and see if it dosent then. sometimes it takes a while for them to do it but moving the controls qucikly usually helps if one is bad. there are actuators for temp. control and the other doors so moving the positions should help isolate which one it is.

eduardo32azul
0

Sure, the noise only appears when making the first contact, before starting the engine, in which the sound is only enough to last about 10 seconds. Thank you very much for your help, I will follow your advice and will review in detail the air conditioning and all that guide me.