wheel offset

moyielake
0

Asked by moyielake Apr 24, 2007 at 11:44 AM about the 2001 Ford F-250

I am putting 18 inch oem wheels  (8 by 170 mm) with ltr275/70r18 contitrac tires  from a 2007 ford f250 with coil springs on a 2001 ford f250 with leaf springs,
I cant determine the wheel offset. Does anyone know if wheel spacers/adapters will be needed to prevent rubbing on the springs. If so what size?

testpilot61
205

I don't think you will have any problem exchanging tires and wheels.. If you want to know the current offset or backspacing of your current wheels vrs your planned wheels all you need to do is remove one wheel and lie it down with the outside of the wheel facing towards you. Place a straight edge long enough to reach across the rim. Now measure from the center of the rim to the bottom of the straight edge and you will have the offset/backspacing. Now, check the new wheel and tire using the same method. You now will know the backspacing. Usually you will have about 2 inches of clearance on the original tires. Hope this helps. jerry

Best Answer