Heating problem

AAF
60

Asked by AAF Nov 19, 2012 at 12:21 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Impala

I have a Chevy 2004 Impala. I am facing a weird problem.  My heating sometimes work , sometimes does not work. The situation is like , I am going for grocery the car heating is working, when coming back it is not working. If I leave it like that on the next day  heating again working. It does not follow any pattern.
Can anyone please help  me to sort this problem out?
Thanks
AA

jwhalen70
600

What fo u mean not working, like the blower motor doesnt come on or does it blow cold air. If it is that ot blows warm air and then it blows no air, it is most likey ur control switch, if it does this again or have you ever tried to turn the switch to low or medium or high when it does this, try that see if it works on tje other settings if it does your switch has a short and will need to be replaced. Let me know more details ill try to help

premier123
145

check your blend door . is the air blowing

AAF
60

Thank You so much for your quick respone jwhalen70 and premier123 . It was in a mode like blowing warm air or no air. Now it is blowing no air at all. Where is that control switch located @ jwhalen70? What is blend door mean @ Premier123? I aprreciate your help in advance. Looking forward to hear from you AA

jwhalen70
600

It is the switch on ur front panel, that has several white dots, that go around in a circle, it also has a picture of a little fan blade on it, the blend door is located in side ur heating systems duct work, this allows u to adjust the coolness to warmth of the air, but if the blower motor works sometimes and not others, it is your turn dial switch has a short and is overheating causing it to malfunction

AAF
60

Actually, I am very familiar of those switch. Sorry I could not catch the name only..I thought you mean something inside the hood ...I tried them in different switch position ...Unfortunately, my blower motor is not working..and it looks like coolant level is also low.....Many many thanks for your reply..I will appreciate if you have anything to add on your suggestion..Have a good one...:)

AAF
60

I would like to update about this issue. The problem was in the blower motor. I replaced it with new one and now its working fine. Thanks AAF

64,735

Probably was short motor brushes.

antover1
70

2008 Impala I have a ticking noise in the dash.It also ticks when the car is turn off. The driver side blow out cool air( No Heat) The dealer said it could cost 450 to fix this problem.If i adjust the temp control the ticking stop.He said the driver side oscarlator is bad.

Joe Stout
140

@antover1 you need to replace this part:15-74122 HVAC Actuator, Temperature Door, Air Mix Door, Air Inlet actuator. This little motor controls the various blender doors that control whether you get hot or cold air and inside or outside air. They can either stop working completely or will start clicking when the gears start slipping. Look at you tube videos on the various locations of them under the dash used to control heating and cooling air flow.

Tiffany1229
0

I have a 2007 chevy impala My ac wont blow at all instead makes a ticking noise, my heat blows cold air. My battery died a few days ago after i was jumped i had heat but still no ac and when you turn it on the ac side it still ticks Anyone know?

Emilio Sosa
0

tiffany1229 the ticking noise is your heating-ventilation-air conditioning blend door actuator it's located by the dash. It needs to be replaced. Also check to see if you got anti freeze in your car this will help with your heat. I have the same car.

Natalie Holladay
0

I have a 2005 Chevy impala, you can hear the AC/heater kick on but no heat or air comes out and no defrost. Any suggestions?