My hummer sometimes will not start like it doesn't want to fire up. Wait 10 min and it starts.

stingerh3
0

Asked by stingerh3 Oct 22, 2012 at 03:03 PM about the 2007 Hummer H3

maybe is the fuel pump

Michael Kane
4,275

I would say the fuel pump is a good place to start. sounds like its not building up good fuel pressure.

You think this is helpful.
John Leone
3,845

to test the fuel pump/filter, have the truck off, then turn the key to acc/lights come on, but not the engine, some models you will hear a low gurgle sound, for a few seconds, turn the key off, then repeat the process again, then off, then start it, to see if the system is just needing more pressure to be primed...

Tracy Tipton
50

My 2006 hummer h3 is doing the SAME thing, did you find out what was wrong with yours??

GraceL
10

Seems to work if you sit and wait. But its a bummer as who wants to wait when you want to get going.

HummerGirl
20

I Have a 2004 Hummer H2 that will not crank at times. I will drive it then put it in park sit with it running for a short period of time. Shut it down for under 5 minutes then jump in try to start it and NOTHING. Lights and all electronics come on but it will not turn over. I hear a slight scratch like sound when turning the key all the way to crank. It's not the Battery, Not the Neutral Safety switch, Not the Starter or the Starter Solenoid. But After sitting for a little while it suddenly starts. We are about to replace the key ignition itself. It like maybe something is getting hot then cooling off or something. ANY IDEAS??

PatriciaDoss
20

Did anyone find the real reason the H3 will not start and in ten minutes starts right up...If it's a factory problem it should be a recall...

Ashley Rush
10

I had the same problem and they think the problem is a temperature sensor that was sending faulty readings to the computer. It was thinking that the engine was too cold and sending fuel to the motor causing it to flood.