My hummer sometimes will not start like it doesn't want to fire up. Wait 10 min and it starts.

stingerh3
0

Asked by stingerh3 Oct 22, 2012 at 03:03 PM about the 2007 Hummer H3

maybe is the fuel pump

Michael Kane
15,635

I would say the fuel pump is a good place to start. sounds like its not building up good fuel pressure.

You think this is helpful.
John Leone
6,435

to test the fuel pump/filter, have the truck off, then turn the key to acc/lights come on, but not the engine, some models you will hear a low gurgle sound, for a few seconds, turn the key off, then repeat the process again, then off, then start it, to see if the system is just needing more pressure to be primed...

Tracy Dial-Tipton
180

My 2006 hummer h3 is doing the SAME thing, did you find out what was wrong with yours??

GraceL
30

Seems to work if you sit and wait. But its a bummer as who wants to wait when you want to get going.

HummerGirl
260

I Have a 2004 Hummer H2 that will not crank at times. I will drive it then put it in park sit with it running for a short period of time. Shut it down for under 5 minutes then jump in try to start it and NOTHING. Lights and all electronics come on but it will not turn over. I hear a slight scratch like sound when turning the key all the way to crank. It's not the Battery, Not the Neutral Safety switch, Not the Starter or the Starter Solenoid. But After sitting for a little while it suddenly starts. We are about to replace the key ignition itself. It like maybe something is getting hot then cooling off or something. ANY IDEAS??

PatriciaDoss
220

Did anyone find the real reason the H3 will not start and in ten minutes starts right up...If it's a factory problem it should be a recall...

Ashley Rush
60

I had the same problem and they think the problem is a temperature sensor that was sending faulty readings to the computer. It was thinking that the engine was too cold and sending fuel to the motor causing it to flood.

Rcdhuman
160

I also have the exact same curse. It cranks and seems like the battery is working but it won't efffing start. I have to wait at least 10 minutes. What the heck is going on. Is there anybody that solved this?

cocod
235

I have the 2006 hummer h3 and I switched out the relay for the fuel pump number 66 with another one and she fired up.hummer was down for a few days but all good now.

cocod
235

It was easygoing in your engine compartment open the fuse box look At your fuse box panel diagram and find number 66 fuel pump relay switch it for now with another one with the same part number on it, your hummer should fire up with a crank no start issue.bad relay.

cocod
235

#66in the fuse panel switch it out for a min with maybe your rear defrost relay your hummer should fire up.

awezhum
50

I've had the same problem for 4 1/2 years on a 2006 H3! If you wait exactly 10 minutes, it starts just fine. Had fuel pump and sensor changed. Twice! Because they thought first one was faulty since I still had the problem. Then they thought it could be the ignition and/or the passlock. Apparently, the passlock is what thinks your car is being stolen and shuts it down for 10 minutes. However, they are each $600 and no guarantee that either is the problem and the car is out of warranty. Haven't done either. Has anyone with the 10 minute thing actually found a solution???

Robtorres90
50

I have the same exact problem. I have a 2006 H3 with 65,000 miles on it and same thing happens. I go to start it up and it turns over but doesn't start. I wait exactly 10 mins and it starts right up. I don't think it's the fuel pump, I think it has something to do with the security system. The car thinks it's being stolen.

Snerman
10

The ten minute wait period is defiantly security problem. When the vehicle will not start check the security symbol on your dash and if it is flashing then that is the problem. I have a 06 H3 and replaced the ignition switch and was better for awhile but started doing it again today. Another thing to try is take dielectric grease and put on all of the connections for the security and it might work.

geanyus
40

I have a 2008, H3 Alpha, and for the past two years I have had a similar problem. 1. Drive Hummer, shut off, get out. 2. Return some time later, attempt to start..no crank, yet all dash lights illuminate and the accessories work. 3. Thinking it was a slightly discharged battery, the first few times I tried to jump start...with no success. 4. Like magic after 10 minutes it fired right up, as if there is no problem. I bought a new battery, had it in the shop three times...no diagnosis because I can't replicate the problem. One constant is that it only happens in cold weather. Any advice...

cocod
235

just turn the key over till your lights come on wait 2 seconds then start...

Snerman
10

I have heard of one repair is to run wiring directly from the ignition switch to the Body control module for the security wring to eliminate the extra connections.The problem is cause by high resistance in cold weather.

Tracy Dial-Tipton
180

It's a pass lock issue and it's costly, I ended up trading mine in!

Jamiw4
10

I had the same problem with my 06 and realized that it was the anti theft kicking in it's in the owner book

cocod
235

Yep I got it figured out now.anti theft it is.

Thummer3
40

I agree. It is the GM Pass-Lock system part of the ignition switch. I had the exact same issue and tried cheap online bypass to the pass lock system. The only true fix for the problem is a GM dealership maintenance department Replace Ignition Switch. Problem went away going on 2 years ago and still good to go. This should be a recall and we should all ban together for a class action suit against GM, for once again instalcentsling the faulty units in 2003-2008 H3 Hummer ... . My total replacement cost (in Hawaii) $450.00 and they have to re-flash your ECM-Electronic Control Unit (engine computer) to learn the new ignition.Just my 2 cents...

jatpennclub
20

Mine did same thing was the battery would set off alarm and had to wait 10 min before start. If not check ignition switch may need replacement.

12YearsHummer
10

The problem, you are entering and starting the vehicle in a manner that makes the passlock think the vehicle is being stolen. Solution, lock the vehicle, make sure all doors are closed, unlock the vehicle from the driver side with the ignition key... the vehicle will start normally.

Tan Jason
0

can u help…what happen my car lock can't star…y got

Patricia Doss
10

I sent a note to GM and here is their response....We all need to send a note to them to make this a recall.... who do i need to talk to about a recall of Hummer 3...The anti-theft system is screwed up....Sometimes when you go to start up your vehicle it will not start because it thinks its being stolen and in exactly 10 minutes it will start....An inconvenience to say the least...You can check out carguru.com and see all of the complaints....It seems to be happening to 2005 thru 2008 H3's.....Please let me know if you will consider this being a recall since it happens to so many Hummers and it will be costly to the owner to have this problem taken care of....Thanks....Patricia Doss | pgdoss@ualr.edu | ptrc_dss@yahoo.com February 20th, 12:29pm I have still not heard from anyone concerning this matter....Hope to hear from you soon....In agony because of this problem....Inconvenience to say the least... February 21st, 1:34pm Hello Patricia, We profusely apologize for the delayed response and the difficulties with your Hummer 3. Have you notified your local dealership of this? We'd be happy to check for any pertinent service related announcements regarding the anti-theft system. Please send your VIN and we'll do so promptly. Sincerely, Eddie A. GM Customer Care March 2nd, 4:25pm 5gtdn136468273289....VIN......I will be waiting to hear from you....This is getting very annoying...IT HAPPENED TWICE OVER THE WEEKEND.... March 3rd, 12:17pm Hi Patricia, I ran your VIN in our system and there are currently no open service announcements associated with your vehicle. If you would like, I can reach out to a dealership of your choice to have this issue addressed. Just so you are aware, due to the age of your vehicle any repairs would be at your cost. If you are still interested in consulting with a dealership, please provide me with your mileage, preferred dealership, and personal contact information. Regards, Austin J. GM Customer Care Hi Patricia, I ran your VIN in our system and there are currently no open service announcements associated with your vehicle. If you would like, I can reach out to a dealership of your choice to have this issue addressed. Just so you are aware, due to the age of your vehicle any repairs would be at your cost. If you are still interested in consulting with a dealership, please provide me with your mileage, preferred dealership, and personal contact information. Regards, Austin J. GM Customer Care Hi Patricia, I ran your VIN in our system and there are currently no open service announcements associated with your vehicle. If you would like, I can reach out to a dealership of your choice to have this issue addressed. Just so you are aware, due to the age of your vehicle any repairs would be at your cost. If you are still interested in consulting with a dealership, please provide me with your mileage, preferred dealership, and personal contact information. Regards, Austin J. GM Customer Care Hi Patricia, I ran your VIN in our system and there are currently no open service announcements associated with your vehicle. If you would like, I can reach out to a dealership of your choice to have this issue addressed. Just so you are aware, due to the age of your vehicle any repairs would be at your cost. If you are still interested in consulting with a dealership, please provide me with your mileage, preferred dealership, and personal contact information. Regards, Austin J. GM Customer Care Hi Patricia, I ran your VIN in our system and there are currently no open service announcements associated with your vehicle. If you would like, I can reach out to a dealership of your choice to have this issue addressed. Just so you are aware, due to the age of your vehicle any repairs would be at your cost. If you are still interested in consulting with a dealership, please provide me with your mileage, preferred dealership, and personal contact information. Regards, Austin J. GM Customer Care Hi Patricia, I ran your VIN in our system and there are currently no open service announcements associated with your vehicle. If you would like, I can reach out to a dealership of your choice to have this issue addressed. Just so you are aware, due to the age of your vehicle any repairs would be at your cost. If you are still interested in consulting with a dealership, please provide me with your mileage, preferred dealership, and personal contact information. Regards, Austin J. GM Customer Care Hi Patricia, I ran your VIN in our system and there are currently no open service announcements associated with your vehicle. If you would like, I can reach out to a dealership of your choice to have this issue addressed. Just so you are aware, due to the age of your vehicle any repairs would be at your cost. If you are still interested in consulting with a dealership, please provide me with your mileage, preferred dealership, and personal contact information. Regards, Austin J. GM Customer Care Hi Patricia, I ran your VIN in our system and there are currently no open service announcements associated with your vehicle. If you would like, I can reach out to a dealership of your choice to have this issue addressed. Just so you are aware, due to the age of your vehicle any repairs would be at your cost. If you are still interested in consulting with a dealership, please provide me with your mileage, preferred dealership, and personal contact information. Regards, Austin J. GM Customer Care Hi Patricia, I ran your VIN in our system and there are currently no open service announcements associated with your vehicle. If you would like, I can reach out to a dealership of your choice to have this issue addressed. Just so you are aware, due to the age of your vehicle any repairs would be at your cost. If you are still interested in consulting with a dealership, please provide me with your mileage, preferred dealership, and personal contact information. Regards, Austin J. GM Customer Care March 3rd, 5:10pm March 4th, 7:03am Good morning Patricia, I am so sorry about the multiple PMs sent to you yesterday. We were having some issues with our systems and it looks like this was a result. Again, if you are interested in speaking with a dealership to evaluate your options, I would be happy to assist. Enjoy your day, Austin J. GM Customer Care Chat Conversation End Camera

Tan Jason
0

jason

Tan Jason
0

my car at malaysian…meter size got lock have light lock

Tan Jason
0

want problem in my car cannot star by hi meter have lock light his bin  ling

SanDiegosun_26
0

I had the same problem with my 2007 H3. It happened once, then about 6 months later, then about a week later, and then every couple of days. It took me a little while to figure out the problem, but with searching online I figured out it was the ignition switch. The pass lock system thinks the car is being stolen. I started noticing that on the dashboard there is a symbol with a car and a lock and that would flash red as well as a small light by the radio controls when the car would not start. After about 10 minutes the car starts with no issue. I had the ignition replaced and then re-programed for about $350 with a mechanic and have not had a problem since. When I was researching about replacing the ignition I thought that it might be a good idea to go through a dealership but they would not replace anything without diagnosing the problem themselves. Well, that was an issue because first of all I knew what the problem was and second of all it is such an intermittent problem. Anyways, hope this post helps others that are having the same problem.

kingn
0

No no no hold brake all the way down and it will start if not try wht every body else said

kingn
0

Brake down for few seconds hold it down n start at same time .....your welcome

James Robinson
10

Hey guys before you buy any fuel pumps try to switch the fuse #66 and #72 (rear fog) my fuse was dead when I made the exchange and it started right up

kirwinpaulsen
0

Hi All, Thank you for adding your views here, this has been invaluable in getting me to a fix and solution. I have FINALLY solved this problem with help from a module i bought online. If anyone from South Africa is looking for this solution, please contact me as i have done this successfully, and can confidently offer my services. +2780.099.3361 Anyone technically minded out there , the NEWROCKIES solution solved my problem first time round. ** Just a side note, i also had a problem with the fuel relay, but only come to notice that it wasnt the relay itself, it was one of the pins that the relay plugs in to the was/ is faulty. i just made a quick plan with that, NOTE : this was separate to the Passkey situation of ten minutes a time ( if the little security light is flashing, then the passkey is your problem - If this is does not flash, and your car just swings over, then its your fuel relay etc.... Kind Regards, Kirwin

Evyy Menendez
0

My make the same thing for like last 6 months but 2 months ago the transmission was broken the mechanic tell me we ned tu change and I pay like 2000 to fix

SanDiegosun_26
0

Replacing the ignition solved my problem.