Problem with pulley

gmania
10

Asked by gmania Oct 13, 2010 at 04:25 PM about the 2007 Kia Sedona

2007 sedona, the problem is either the idler pulley or tension pulley is going bad.  Are these a dealer part or are they available at say NAPA

ranger58
155

You will probably have the answer by now, but they are both kia parts, and should be bought only from the dealers, unless your warranty is out of course.

gmania
10

I actually replaced the pulley with one from NAPA. Instead of paying the $168.00 KIA wanted, I spent $22.00 at NAPA. It was the idler pulley, bearings weren't sealed any more and about to completely fail. And I did some research and found that this is a common problem. The pulley that I replaced it with is far superior.

ranger58
155

That is really good news then, glad you can pick up these sort of spares, did you change the belt as well, or was it ok? I paid £58.00 for the idler pulley, and timing belt over here in the Uk, Kia parts to try and hold on to the warranty. Mind you this is rip off UK, just about the most expensive piece of earth for us mere mortals to live on. Glad you got fixed up ok.