Reset computer

hek
0

Asked by hek Mar 07, 2010 at 03:52 PM about the 2007 Suzuki XL-7

I have a 2007 suzuki xl7,I changed the oil over  the weekend and I can't reset the computer for the life of the oil, I followed the manual instruccion and it wouln't work,can anyone help me??

simmfarm
20

I have been having the same problem now and then when I have changed my oil. Sometimes it does work to do what the manuel says, but most of the time I play with the button down by the gear shifter that has a check mark on it. the way I do it is , turn the key to on, or even have the car running, bring up on the dash the designation or wording for how much oil life is left, mine usally says " 0 percent oil life left". Then I repeatedly press and or hold the button with the checkmark on it and try to get the designation to begin to flash, when it flashes, press the button one more time and it usally goes back to 100 percent. I still do not have the exact sequence of pressing and holding down yet, but I usally can get it to go.

Judy Fisk
15

I had the same thing happen to me just reset your control panel back to factory settings every time you change the oil.Your hand book will tell you how, don't do the gas pedal thing because that is the wrong directions in the hand book.

Max DeHaven
70

The solution is simple and I feel your pain. I had to go through this myself. When you have the oil % indication lit while the ignition is on or motor running, press the check mark and hold it down. It will flash at you like it responded and you probably will be staring at the same thing it said before (whatever low % it was.) Let go, press and hold it again. Repeat the process each time pushing the check button like it's a reset and waiting to let go until it flashes at you. One of the times (usually for me it's between 2 and 5 times) it will reset to 100%. It seems like a very strange thing and is probably a software error but please do this and avoid the pedal pressing nonsense like I had to go through.

tjcawthon
0

I have the same problem. Dealership told me that the manual is a misprint!! The check mark works, but I have had to press and release for over an hour before it resets!!!!