i have a 02 freelander 1.8 threedoor and av a clicking when engine running eny one ad that problem and wots the problem thanks

Ray1964
0

Asked by Ray1964 Mar 17, 2013 at 09:38 AM about the 2002 Land Rover Freelander

49,655

Remove the serpentine belt, and run the engine briefly. That will let you know if the noise is internal or from one of the belt driven accessories.

Ray1964
0

Thanks ,had an Idea it could be something to do with a belt. I will try what you recommended.

49,655

If the noise stops with the belt off, spin each device to see which one is clicking. You might as well change the belt and the tensioner if that has not been yet. Tensioners last around ten years or two belts. After that time, the spring gets weak and the belt slips. Thanks for the "Helpful" click.

Best Answer