I have a 2003 Jag x type 2.5L automatic trans. It was shifting hard between 1st and 2nd on occasion. Then it went into neutral. I pulled over, the trans lite was on and the engine light. I waited about 10 minutes and started it up again, drove about a mile and it stopped again, then 2 more times. Finally asfter waiting about 10 minutes, I started up, the trans lite was out but the engine lite was on, I drove it about 3 miles to my house. After cooling off, it had no reverse. In the past I changed the TCM, changed the trans fluid with Jag fluid and have changed the oil /filter every 3K miles, it now has 76K on it. The mechanic where I serviced it says it needs a new trans for$4500!! HELP!

mauimike
0

Asked by mauimike Jan 31, 2014 at 03:54 PM about the 2003 Jaguar X-Type

03 Jag x type 2.5 auto trans problems

No answers yet