Ihave a red and black wire with two female ends approx 18 inches long that is loose under the dash and one tell me where this gets connected

gregjay
0

Asked by gregjay Apr 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM about the 1985 Porsche 944

aztec626bf
7,745

Is there and after market radio in the car? Is there any electrical issues? Do the wire ends look like factory crimps or do they look like they were done in home garage? I'm don't know where the wire could go just giving you some ideas.......

Andy Dickens
605

Sounds like an aftermarket addition to me. Anything not working in the dash?

gregjay
0

THIS is the wire and yes a lot is not working ie fuel pump and power to the ignition I have a reall mess on my hands

aztec626bf
7,745

You do have a mess. I would get yourself a wiring schematic of your car and start tracing. This wire looks like a OEM wire. Possibly wire that supplies power to distribution block for ignition and fuel system. A Haynes manual might come in handy right now. Good luck. I'll do some digging in my manuals in mean time to see if ignition and fuel have common power supply.

gregjay
0

thanks for all the help

Brandy Poole
0

I have same wire loose and same prob. The only red and black wires that connect to fuse box are the ignition switch, horn, starter, and dme control which controls fuel system. I hope it helps. Will let u know if i figure it out. I need help to