Am I insane to want a tiptronic/automatic Porsche? If not a horrible idea! What are the best years? I watched the tv show bron/broen and the main character has a 1977. Thank you

Kslatte
0

Asked by Kslatte Jan 14, 2013 at 01:23 PM about the 1977 Porsche 911

Bryan_Doherty
20

Assuming you know how to drive a manual transmission, I'm going to say you're better off wanting a 1977 911 with a manual transmission because it would be a lot easier to find, and I'm sure it would be less expensive because I can imagine an 1977 911 automatic would be hard to find.

DavidH25

I agree with Bryan there. And I should know, I am insane too. Seriously, Bryan has the right idea going there

Kslatte
0

Thank you for answering. Any years to avoid?

Andy Dickens
365

Avoid any Porches automatic before the 997 models. The manuals are a much more engaging drive. I still prefer the manual over the newest 991 Tiptronic.

Kslatte
0

What is a 997? How does the Tiptronic compare to just driving an automatic? I don't drive stick (I can, but the idea of stalling the car all of the time is a deal breaker-it scares me-I also hate that being on an incline and having to wait at a light and then getting into gear) and I live in a city. Thank you all for your input. Definitely watch the show if you get a chance. It is being made in English and will be called "The Bridge". The car is in every episode.

DavidH25

I hope it's not a right side steering I would hate that

Kslatte
0

It is in Sweden and Denmark so both left hand drive. Right hand drive is hard to judge distances from the curb and center line for me. I drove in England and Ireland. Ireland's roads are poor and scary. Definitely rent the smallest possible car.