how do i reprogram my lock remote to my car? i changed my battery an now it doesnt work...

tayman
0

Asked by tayman Aug 17, 2009 at 05:29 PM about the 2006 Hyundai Tiburon

i change my battery an now my lock an un lock buttons dont work on my remote how o i reprogram it?

Shawn Sosnoski
15

you will have to take it to a hyundai dealer to get it reprogramed and make sure you take all of your remotes as all of them need to be programed at the same time.

Corey Bello
45

might sound stupid, but flip the battery over

mr_me06
360

the dealer will program it for free u can buy a new one on ebay for about 5 bucks if u need one and they will program it for free

normandouimet
90

Try pressing the unlock and lock at the same time.......worked for me

California_Kid
230

That worked for me. Just turn the car to ACC, hold down both buttons for a few secs, get out and try it

kristinaklc
330

I have a Hyundai 2003 Tiburon, and the following worked for me, get in your car, and turn the key to ACC, then with your keyless remote pressdown both of the keys for about 3 seconds, you should hear a click in the car. Get out of your car, and try to lock or unlock it. Dont waste your money and time at a dealership

wtrujillo_77
220

I have a 2006 Hyundai Tiburon and I performed the following to reprogram my remote: turned ignition to ACC, then pressed the unlock button until the blinkers click. After that it worked. No need to go to the dealer.

4mb9
60

I have a 2004 Tiburon & for a battery replacement of your original remote, the ingnition ACC and pressing the unlock button works. However for a replacement keyless remote fob, you will have to go to the dealer for programming as there are no "codes" or programming instructions available; only a dealer can program a new/replacement fob. And no, they don't do it for free (ranges from $30-$50 in my experience), and no, replacement fobs are not $5 on ebay, more like $50.

Dave Humpal
10

Wasn't sure this would work but to my surprise it did. So thanks to the person that put this out here. I have a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon and really didn't want to spend the money to have the fob re-programed. Went through this on a fob with my other car. Again Thanks.

gtoberer
20

Reprogrammed my grandson's 2007 Tiburon by turning the ignition switch to ACC and held the lock button down for about 5 seconds.

Rhonda6796
10

A perfect solution! Thanks guys

Susan Coderre
20

It works! Thanks!

jamesdm1971
0

brill , worked straight away , thanks

Arduse Sonnier
0

Thanks, I'm glad that I didn't need to go to the dealer...