Car won't do anything when you try to start it, happens intermittently, not always.

debss
0

Asked by debss Mar 08, 2013 at 08:32 PM about the 2007 Hyundai Sonata

Hyundai starting problem-simply no action on the ignition switch but power to all other systems appears fine.  Replaced electrical and mechanical side of ignition switch.  Also tore apart and tested all of starter and bought a new battery.  Took to a Hyundai dealership mechanic and they did not have any ideas on problem.  We thought perhaps replacing the key cylinder would finally fix the problem but it appears it not as the problem is starting to occur again.  Not sure what to try next????

judge_roy

...at this point am going to have to recommend that you get a copy of the schematic, a set of wire piercers for testing the wires, both when the problem is occuring and when it's not occurring...with the piercers, you don't have to disconnect anything, makin testing a jif-

7jimmy7
9,395

theirs a reley for that you know,may have dirty points in relay

judge_roy

Jim. dig deeper clue us one or two~

mrmoony
1,920

My guess is the starter is being starved of enough amperage. It may, like the rest of the cars electric system be getting some amps along with 12volts, but not enough "juice". If the starter itself has a marginal ground I.e. loose bolts or even a oily mounting flange, it won't allow the current to go through the system.

7jimmy7
9,395

bobby you know you could write a book on possibles,and create confusion,look at the simple first! and move thrue

Michaelocar
10

Could it be worn cylinders in the ignition switch?