Is a 1975 Pontiac Le Mans Sports Coupe worth buying?

Falcon67
0

Asked by Aug 11, 2012 at 12:07 AM about the 1975 Pontiac Le Mans

There is a 1975 Pontiac Le Mans Sports Coupe in my area for sale. If I buy it and ever decide to sell it, will I get my money back? They are asking $4500. Thanks

182,535

That's a tough question. You don't typically purchase a car expecting to recoupe any money back, but given the age of the vehicle and if you keep it in the same condition that is in now, you very well might not loose any money and be able to sell it for the same amount or even more the longer you keep it. Of course there has to be buyers who think your car is worth spending that extra money. 1975 LeMans are not very desirable cars, but anything is possible. So if you like it and want to own it, do so, but don't purchase it as a future investment. Think about it, you will have to spend money on upkeep, maintenance and insurnace, etc.

Daniel Perron
2,515

check the frame, floors and trunk for rust. any rust in the sheet metal lowers the value, buy smart and have fun with that classic car!!!

it all depends on condition and originality. you'll have to do a lil homework and find out if the drive train is original (engine trans & rear end) and of course body condition. Any rust = big bucks to repair. If you're not familiar with what to look for get a mechanic who does.

philg
0

i just bought a 1975 lemans sport coupe with the 400 someone did some work to the engine re edelbrock intace 650 double pumper carb headers. The body on mine is beautiful and the interior is mint. Ive had so many offers on it but will not sell it. if this one is nice buy it. youll get your muscle car with a big body cruiser feel. i love love love this car its a beast

elan5034
0

I learned how to drive in 1981 in a 1975 pontiac lemans GT sport coupe I would still own it today if it weren't for rust issues. The back quarter panels are really flat and seem to just hold salt in the winter. I had mine fixed twice the first time they welded in metal and put body fill in it to smooth it out. That time lasted a few years but then the rust came back. the second time I had new quarters put in it this lasted about 5 years and it started rusting again this time I sold the car. I honestly have really missed it, I have even thought about buying another one. The problem I have is I don't have a garage and live where it snows every winter. I think if you find one from a part of the country where it don't snow you would have a very unique car, they are mechanically very reliable mine had the 5.7 litre engine with the 3 speed automatic transmission which is really pretty bullet proof. The right car in the right shape should eventually appreciate in value just because their really are very few of them left.