HELP WITH 1973 LEMANS SPORT COUPE VIN NUMBER & VALUE

PARACER44
10

Asked by PARACER44 Aug 30, 2011 at 02:50 PM about the 1973 Pontiac Le Mans

Hello- I am trying to buy a 1973 Lemans Sport Coupe with 64,000 org miles and the Vin # is 2F37R3A114855.  My question is what does the F stand for ?  Under the vin searches I have found for series there is no F listed and wanted to know what this meant ? also this car is a bench seat not bucket style.  The car is a two owner and in like new condition with a 400 2 bbl carb.  Garage kept since new.  The owner has no idea what he wants for the car and won't give me a price and wants an offer.  He said the only thing it needs is a water pump replaced.  What is a fair market value for this car in the condition I have described.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank You

zoneman
595

The "F" designates this vehicle as a LeMans Sport. The bench seats were a delete option.

PARACER44
10

Hello- I Thank You for your help with the vin identification. Do you have any idea what something like this is worth on todays market ? I don't know if it is worth $1,000 or $5,000. Any help would be appreicated. Thanks

zoneman
595

If it is in really good condition, the car is probably worth $5000 +. Needing a water pump is no big thing, but it does give you a little leverage. Offer him something less than what it's worth, you might get lucky. GOOD LUCK!!

Scott Wilson
165

Here a good site on the 73-77 A-Body cars lots of Info http://www.abodysite.com/frameentry.html goto the forum .

trip65

F = lemans sport.

zoneman
595

These questions are so old that they are in their 4th printing on a bathroom wall near you.

Daniel Perron
1,725

good luck with the lemans