Any one know where I can buy a fuel tank for a 1972 grand prix

Wedoe
105

Asked by Wedoe Nov 11, 2011 at 09:23 PM about the 1972 Pontiac Grand Prix

I have looked every where for a fuel tank for my 1972 pontiac grand prix and cant
find one. Anybody know where I can get one. Thanks, Keith

zoneman
545

You might try Ames Performance Engineering. 1-800-421-2637 or www.amesperf.com Good luck with your project!!

Daniel Perron
1,675

ames performance, advanced auto parts, autozone

zoneman
545

Maybe Wedoe hasn't looked everywhere!!

Wedoe
105

Thanks for the information but yes I have ckecked with Ames Performance and I have one of there new magizines and they do not have a fuel tank for my 1972 grand prix sj.

zoneman
545

What is wrong with the tank on the car now?

zoneman
545

I have spent a bit of time investigating your problem, Monte Carlo's were similar, You will have to do the leg work on that. Also chk. inlinetube.com or call 1-800-385-9452. Hope this helps. I still want to know why you have to replace this tank made of "unobtanium" ??

Wedoe
105

It looks like the original owner I bought it from put a dent in the bottom of the tank and now it is rusting out and pretty weak in that area of the tank. I can put my hand on it and push and it feels soft. Just dont want to take a chance on something happening. Its amazing that you can buy a new fuel tank for a 69-70-73-74-75 Grand Prix but not a new one for a 71 or 72 grand prix. I would rather have a new one but i might have to find one at a salvage yard. Unless someone knows where there is a new one. Thanks, Keith

zoneman
545

I have a feeling that the big deal with this model tank are the return,vapor recovery,and charcoal canister liquid return lines. If you are not looking for a concurs exact fit you might take dimensions on your tank and compare it to similar "available" tanks. With very little ingenuity I'm quite sure they would be adaptable. GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!

Daniel Perron
1,675

you could also check out the 71, 72 monte carloas they are the same frame, performance years might also have some thing, used 'car-parts.com'

zoneman
545

I already suggested that to him>