2006 Cobalt. What would cause a cobalt to not start or be sluggish on start?

Melissa Brunk
15

Asked by Melissa Feb 21, 2009 at 06:10 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

My 2006 Cobalt sometimes will not start.  It is sluggish when it finally does.  I took it to the dealership and all they claim is that it is bad fuel.  I have changed my fueling habits and it still does it.  The dealership can't find anything wrong with it, but I never know if the car will start.  Also I lose antifreeze all the time, and it doesn't leak anywhere.  I don't know if the two problems are related or not.

Adam Morgan
3,605

loosing coolant and poor starting... Is it turning over at the normal speed and just not starting immediately, or is it cranking slowly? If it's cranking slowly check the voltage across the battery terminals... If the voltage is suitably high, then check all connection to make sure they are tight and clean. If it's cranking but not starting, have a compression/leakdown test run and make sure it's in spec. Reply back with what you find out.

gkuz
10

there is no voltage from ignition to a starter. so i am trying to find out what is wrong with it. even starter won't start when i turn the ignition. i connected battery and starter in order to give some voltage and starter start to work. it was slightly hit in a front left side.