mazda rx7 good cars

maymouse
0

Asked by maymouse Apr 08, 2012 at 04:38 AM about the 1987 Mazda RX-7

I am looking at buying a mazda rx7 1987

The clutch needs replacing and thrust bearings plus it is due for a service

Its done 300 ks but has had a reconditioned motor or recent

$4,000 asking price

Matthew Levy
75

Ide say no, thats way overpriced for a 2nd generation. The turbo rx7s make good sports cars but not generally good daily drivers. they get poor fuel milleage and and are alot more sensitive to abuse than most cars.

Lars Cats
2,665

Interesting that even in a country like the Netherlands I used mine as a daily driver for over two years without any problems. It's just a matter of treating the car with respect and servicing it regularly. Fuel prices here are a lot higher than in North America, provided you don't need to do thousands of miles per month and use the cruise control for its intended purpose it's no less fuel efficient than the average American made car... The asking price on this car is a bit too high unless the engine has only been run in since the rebuilt and some decent performance mods have been done to it. Especially with the need for a service and clutch job...

Richard Boettger
815

Three little words if you are considering a rotary: Service, Service and SERVICE!!! As Lars said, treat it right and it will treat you right, but service intervals are critical. And yes, the price is too high, unless it's a well taken care of turbo or convertible.