I have a red light that flashes at night called auto sensor light don't understand it? Please explain

hello07
25

Asked by hello07 Jul 06, 2007 at 10:05 PM about the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe

I have a red light that flashes at night, it is on the dash of the driver's dash, called auto sensor light don't understand it? Please explain

Anonymous
0

The Red light that flashes is simply for theft deterrent.

watson
110

I have a Hyundai Santa Fe 2008. Last night I noticed the red photo sensor on the dash flashing. It is still flashing. When I put the key in the ignition it stops. This is the first time I have noticed this. Is it supposed to flash. Are you sure it is theft detterent? My manual states (never place anything over the sensor which is located on the instrument panel to ensure better control of the heating and cooling system). Any suggestions to ease my mind?

watson
110

I found out today, my daughter in-law and sister in-law's new cars have the same flashing light. So I am letting this worry go!