problem with car alarm going off for no reason

TexasSD
0

Asked by TexasSD Mar 01, 2010 at 08:05 AM about the 2007 Ford Fusion

The car alarm goes off for no reason eavery week or so even though I have sprayed all the door, hood and trunk locks with WD-40.

kgilbert
10

my e350 is doing this now.. did u find out the problem

TexasSD
0

I have found that it is a sensitivity with the alarm system to the big temperature changes in the winter time because that's the only time I have that problem. It would only go off when it would change from being really cold to warming up fast in the morning- then the alarm would go off. No problems anyother times of the year.

papa

find the alarm fuse and pull it out,to disarm it,you might get a check engine light.

Lanay
15

I've been having the same problem with my alarm but as time goes on it's appearing to me that it is not a temperature issue. When it first started happening I thought that was the case, maybe from condensation or something. Now on top of that issue every so often my indicator light on my dash will read Rear Right door Ajar and my my interior lights will not shut off. When this has happened I end up having to just disconnect the battery but it's only been a temporary fix. I'm guessing I have a bad sensor in my rear door or something. Sorry to jump on your post but I've also been desperately looking for a solution myself. Hope you find a solution