1988 VW FOX Fuel pump and relay doesn´t get any power

caenza
0

Asked by caenza Nov 26, 2011 at 07:17 PM about the 1988 Volkswagen Fox

I´ve tried replacing the fuel relay didn´t work, bridged the relay socket and the pump starts, but engine doesn´t start, (So the pump works), also i was checking that the fuel gauge doesn´t work, so i checked if there´s power to the pre-pump and there´s no power at all, even if bridge the pump relay. Also check if the ignition was good, but there was not producing spark, replaced the distributor along with module, cap and rotor, and still no luck.

A.Paul Drozdowski
25

well i would first take off the fuel filter drain it because it has crap in it then ckeck ALL ur fuses ..if that doesn't solve ur problem then c keck ur grounds there is 6 places were a 1988 fox is grounded then 2 be on the safe side throw in some fuel injector cleaner ..don't be cheap with that or it will eat the ball bearings in ur injectors