Did the VW Bug ever have an actual blower for the heater?

usmc9199
0

Asked by usmc9199 Feb 11, 2013 at 12:16 PM about the 1975 Volkswagen Beetle

I'm looking to get an old VW Bug/Beetle/Super Beetle and I want to know if the VW Bug ever came with an actual
heater? Not the heat that comes off the exhaust but an actual heater that blows into the cab of the car? If so what
year did they start making them?

DavidH25

Yes. In 1973, the VW 1303 introduced a curved windscreen, pushed forward and away from the passengers, allowing a redesigned, padded dashboard to replace the pre-1973 vertical dash. A two-speed heater fan, higher rear mudguards, and larger tail lights were added.

Scott Sr.
1,765

Aftermarket, electrically augments heater ducts/fans are a popular add-on for the the aircooled VWs...check out JC Whitney where I first saw those things.

Michael Tutty
4,065

There was an optional gas-fired heater available. It is either on or off, and has a lot of tricks to using it. It is very difficult to have an effective heater from an air cooled engine.