how do i turn on the heater

rarekronky
25

Asked by rarekronky Jul 09, 2007 at 01:16 AM about the 1973 Volkswagen Beetle

i think i have a heater, but the controls dont give u any hints on how to use it, pls help! my fingers are numb by the time i get anywhere:-(

17,625

Never owned one, but you may want to try getting your hands on an owners manual (although they may be hard to come by). I did find this one posted on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-Bug-Beetle-owners-manual-1973-111-113-convert_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6763QQihZ013QQitemZ230145572845QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V Also try posting in older VW Beetle forums to get the real experts on the car to answer your questions.

buggy73
25

Hello, I can't get my heater to shut off, bought a manual, still working on it, however, I do know that if you have tubes on either side of your engine these act as a heat reclaimer, and send heat off the engine. My 73 has vents down by the feet in the front and you can close or open flaps by a screw on it which move the cable, which moves the flap, ( and this is the house that Jack built)HA!. Anyway, I hope this helps. The manual is well worth the money though.I strongly advise getting one.

69volksman2
0

There is a lever next to the parking brake. Pull it up to open up the vent and let the engine heat up the car.