1970 VW Bug and heat

usmc9199
0

Asked by usmc9199 Feb 05, 2013 at 11:37 AM about the 1970 Volkswagen Beetle

Does the 1970 VW Bug get any warmth into the cab enough to keep the windows defrosted and the driver
comfortable enough to drive? I live in Washington State where it gets to 20 degrees.

49,635

As I recall, the beetle has a series of tunnels that take heat from the exhaust pipes and send it to the interior. Not a great system to start with. As the vehicle ages, the tunnels rust and heat is lost. -- Check out this YouTube video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDD2r2P-oJQ

James Chadek
305

Sorry...NO! It should keep the window clear after you scrape it while the engine runs.

Pontiacacacacac
125

behind the engine flywheel you will see the 3" bellows from the left and right side hot air heat exchanger hot air output. Turn on and off with blade valve connected to the heat valve in front of the Ebrake. heat exchanger left and right. All air hoses under hood should be there. This system will melt your runners on the highway but if you keep the rpms low in the city, you will freeze.