How Long

MikeyI
60

Asked by MikeyI Mar 22, 2013 at 05:43 PM about the 1968 Volkswagen Beetle

How long would it take an experienced VW hobbyist to put this car back together, assuming it's all there?

45,725

Rough guess, 2-4 weeks. If I was doing it, it would still be in the corner a dozen years later.

MikeyI
60

It was disassembled 5+ years ago. It's scattered all over a stone barn, about 50 miles from here. What would it be worth, in round numbers? Anyone want to hazard a guess? The engine is complete, not disassembled and "solid" so says the owner.

7jimmy7
9,395

if floors are their and seats not trashed assuming about 80k mile on odometer as it sits. 2000, if was in my area .id try to steal it for about 10 or 12, and make a 3500$ gas saver, it would sell around here.after Id enjoy driving it for a summer or two or winter time also they go true snow good

phavas
30

It's a "new" beetle, so it's structurally sounder than the "Old" ones, however, it's worth depends on the condition of the floor pans and the central chassis member. I goo person will take the rest of it apart before trying to put it back together. With hydraulics, fluids, rubber mounts brakes and tired you're looking at a good solid month of work. Everyone thinks an old car is a classic. This is not. It's worth about $1000 if the person's realistic. For get about the "I can get $2K for the motor" There are MILLIONS of them out there. You've got about 3-4K of work to get it back on the road. to have a car that's worth about $3-4K. Cheers, Zaphod

Best Answer
MikeyI
60

Odometer shows 86,000+