How crazy can I get with after market wheels on my 66 Volksrod which has no fenders, disk brakes and wheels adapters which are 2.5" thick?

boxster617
0

Asked by boxster617 Feb 20, 2013 at 06:51 AM about the 1966 Volkswagen Beetle

judge_roy

JC Whitney has an entire catalog decated to the bug- take a looksee, their website will offer you a catalog for this.

49,985

You can get as crazy as you want to be. The only reservations would be the size of the brakes and the engine horsepower. Larger wheels mean more unsprung weight. - -- The car has a nice old school hot rod look now with the black spokes and narrow ww's.

judge_roy

the VW has no real suspension to speak of but relies on the seats to take up shock. Often wondered just how comfortable something like without the springy stock seat...would be a spine re-arranger and very uncomfotable.I hope Boxter617 that you didn't but different less squishy seats in. This was probably my only complaint with the old punch buggy.

judge_roy

Looks like a lowered roof...man this took some time! can't have visitors over 6 feet though-

BURT100
520

As crazy as you have $$$$ for. Like they say about speed; How fast do you want to go? = how much $$$$ ya got? Also got to agree, good looking old timey look to your rod. ( who wouda thunk a VW hot rod---then again why not?!?!