What price should i ask for a 64 Bug?

Asked by methatcher Jul 27, 2010 at 01:06 PM about the 1964 Volkswagen Beetle

All original insides, liner is stil intact, 42,000 original miles (only the 2nd owner) BUT radio doesn't work and car hasn't been driven in 8 years- body-decent shape but has two newer fenders on front (from a 73 maybe?)

Original sales slip and carjack that came with car when it was bought.  Very cool!

the newer fenders will hurt the value $2,500.00 at most.

Chris Billings

i doubt it has newer than 1967 fenders. if it does then the value goes WAY down. and whoever put the fenders on should be found and shot!! that being said, this question comes up alot. the prices of these cars varies widely. mostly it depends on your location. in the southwest (california, arizona, new mexico) and other dry places were older vw's are abundant the price will be alot less than say around here in oklahoma. you really need to research (in your area) what cars in like condition are selling for. i will say that for a car that has been sitting for that long, it's gonna need quite a bit of work to get it road worthy. if both fenders have been replaced with the newer style fenders then whoever replaced them didn't take care of the car very well. i wouldn't pay more than $1000 for it if everything else was in decent shape (

How are the pans and heater channels?If they are soild with no rust,and the bones of the car are good and solid,then the price is going to be higher.I would start at about $4500. and give yourself some wiggle room.I sold a 67 with little rust and no -og fenders for $3500. 64 is the last year for the small windows and people want those more.Good luck with the sale.Post pics if you can.