stalled engine when idling

Tris_1
0

Asked by Tris_1 Jan 20, 2009 at 11:14 AM about the 1989 Jeep Comanche

Truck runs fine, no engine light on, but after a while it will stall when idling.  Does restart, but sometimes does not start right away and floods.  New alternator, spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap, and computer under dash.  There is a leak in cooling reservoir, but it is temporarily plugged -- no antifreeze leaks or high temps.

Adam Morgan
4,735

Check/ Replace filters Check and make sure both compression and fuel pressure are within spec. And make sure you are getting spark on all the plugs. Check the cat. Basic stuff to start with, if you have questions, post back.

Tom Sayre
15

Go to ComancheClub.com to get better answers...

tmacc
0

had a similar problem with my 87 and it was the crank position sensor about 40 bucks located up om the side where engine meets tranny driver side need alittle light to c it just a plug for up top two little bolts on the sensor just be careful you dont drop them into trans cause then youll have to take off inspection plate to find them