Error code P0340. Replaced camshaft position sensor, and van still won't start. 2007 caravan (base model) 2.4. What else can I try?

GabbyGabi
0

Asked by GabbyGabi Jan 11, 2013 at 09:51 PM about the 2007 Dodge Caravan

Error code P0340.  Replaced camshaft position sensor, and van still won't start. 2007 caravan (base model) 2.4.
What else can I try?

62,745

A code P0340 could mean one of the following has happened: a wire or connector in the circuit could be grounded/shorted/broken -- the camshaft position sensor may have failed -- the PCM may have failed

You think this is helpful.
62,745

Here are some things to try: Visually inspect all the wiring and connectors in the circuit -- Check for continuity in the circuit wiring -- Check the operation (voltage) of the camshaft position sensor -- Replace the camshaft position sensor as required -- Check the crankshaft position circuit as well -- Replace circuit wiring and/or connectors as required

You think this is helpful.