regular cab long box to quad cab flat deck

Kyle Labree
5

Asked by Kyle Jul 07, 2008 at 12:29 AM about the 1985 Dodge Ram

i want to convert my regulare cab long box to a quad cab with a flat deck. ive done some measurements an the quad cab should end a couple of inches befor the wheelwell of the box should be. i am asking if this would be a major project just to mount the cab on the frame. i have all the parts and tools avalable so thats not any consern of mine.

25,455

I think it will be somewhat of a large job based on not having the rear cab mounts in place.

Kyle Labree
5

but i have access to the cab mounts off the the frame so i think i could just mount them on the frame. i have access to car lifts and welding tools and all the heavy equipment need, so thats no problem.

Jeff Petack
475

I really don't know the specifics to answer your question, but here's something to be wary of. Most regular cab trucks just have a one piece drive shaft but extended cab and crew cab have a two piece drive shaft. Since you're not going to change frame length, I doubt it will be an issue.