What should I expect to pay for a Spirit of 76 Dodge dart.

DPLRBruno
0

Asked by DPLRBruno Jun 02, 2010 at 10:08 AM about the 1976 Dodge Dart

I just found one but the engine is a 440, 4 speed trans and Dana 60 rear in running condition. Body is in great shape but needs work with 26,000 on body and frame. Been in a garage since the 70s. Turns out I went to school with this gear head. Reminisced for an hour about the cars we had when we were young. He wouldn't commit to selling anything but I know he will only sell his stuff to someone who really appreciates and understands Mopars.
    This guy has a 69 Charger (that he drives) and a couple other cars that had my mouth hanging open. He also has about 10 hypo engines, trans, rears, headers, cams etc. Everything a motor head could dream of maintained in a garage.
    Funny thing is this guy lives on the edge of being homeless in a house I thought to be abandoned. I'm sure I could get this dart but I need to know more about its value.

Johnny McDevitt
345

we picked up a 72 dart the other day, straight body, 440, 727 tranny, and about 3 of everything else. this guy had spares beyond spares. 3 sets of rims, extra seats, decklid, fender, wiring harness's....anyways...we had the car itself packed full, the back of the pickup packed full, and an astro van packed about 3/4 full or spare parts...and we left paying 2500 bucks, which is a literal steal.......that being said, i picked up an auto trader the other day and was hard pressed to even find an A body mopar with a slant six for less than 5,000.....however a 76 holds much less collector or classic value than a 72 would....so pending condition and amount of work it needs, anywhere from 2-5000

qcrete
0

a 1976 dodge dart lite spirit of 76 car is very rare, its the rarity that makes this car have great value,I would say if its a solid car in todays market,10k easy