MB C202 1995 won't start.

Haukur Andri
20

Asked by May 06, 2013 at 07:43 AM about the 1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

I changed the fuel pump, crank position sensor and all the glow plugs. The car does not
start! What could be failing? Plenty of gas,water and oil.

Haukur Andri
20

I forgot to mention that it does crank.

Jackie Wilson
305

Sounds like it's the ignition coil. If it's not that then it could be the computer or the mass air flow sensor. Best wishes! -Jackie

77,565

No coils - glow plugs, it's a diesel.

azinsj
25

Close its s twin cam inline 6 GAS he just miss stated that it has coils vs cap &rotor, anyway I. The eng compartment on the left side back by the firewall is located the engine management computer & diffent relays for main ignition I having the same issues w/1997 C280 Sportline everything works. Turns over but no spark to the coils & plugs will keep you ip dated on what happens

Lorne Grandison
3,365

What you are doing here is an exercise in futility. Before you start speculating the first and foremost thing to do is , check the computer for a fault code. That will point you in the right direction. There are numerous of things that could go wrong to prevent it from starting, you will empty your wallet replacing parts before you find it. That's what the OBD2 engine system is for. Get a code reader plug it in the OBD2 port, find the fault, replace the offending part, save yourself a fortune and the headache. If you don't have a code reader (I don't know why you wouldn't, they are dirt cheap now) Pep boys will read it for free if you can get your card there. Advance Autoparts sells them for nothing too. You changed the fuel pump, but in might just be the fuel pump relay, you changed the spark plugs( that wouldn't prevent it from starting in the first place. it might run rough , but it would start). Crank angle sensor, cam angle sensor, how did you know which one was the offending sensor without first getting the codes read?

Michael Griffin
815

Checkglow plug relay or glow fuse 50 amp in engine bay Check power to glow plug with test lite

Fordtudor37
5,685

ASK questions first and the computer is nothing more then a storage unit that will tell you all you want to know if you just ASK.

Michael Griffin
815

He replaced glow plugs now would that not make it a diesel ? and if so no cap no coils

Fordtudor37
5,685

If it has "glow plugs" then yes its a diesel. If you look on the dashboard, the fuel cap or the fuel cap door, there will be mention regarding the use of "Diesel Fuel Only". HAUKUR - Do the glow plugs actually "glow" at the correct time ? Clearly it's an electrical issue due to the fact that everything mechanical has already been changed, but nothing has fixed the issue.

stevehasson69
110

take it to a Certified Mechanic and get it fixed right German auto lakecity