I'm getting a message saying "airmatic....visit workshop". front of the car is real low too.

rbrown495
0

Asked by rbrown495 Sep 12, 2008 at 11:01 AM about the 2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

Ole Jensen
65

Then do as it says. Thats what it's there for!!!

Allan Gilruth
45

Hi I workon these all the time. The suspension works on air and the diaphragms burst constantly. I have to change them on cars with less than 4000 kms on them. There are other things can make tham low, sometimes an electronic malfunction can be reset and it gives no problems after that. but my guess is one of the diaphragms. A complete suspension unit is around $800, unless its an armoured car then they are $3250. One other thing, it is unsafe to drive n the road in the low condition. you have no suspension and the whole thing is unstable.

JimmyColeman
30

My Mercedes did the same thing. I got a air message and i noticed my rear was dropped. The air suspension had went out in the rear. It was going to be very costly. Then a friend told me about Strutmasters.com about getting a suspension conversion kit for the whole vehicle to take out the air and puts my car back up and cost me under a grand. My dealership quoted me 3 grand and up. Not only did i save money i got a lifetime warranty so i don't have to keep fixing my car.