97 volvo 850 goes dead while driving

candi850
0

Asked by candi850 Apr 04, 2009 at 03:37 PM about the 1997 Volvo 850

I have a 97 volvo 850 and it goes dead while your driving down the road. For a while it wouldn't even crank. We have changed the spark plugs, fuel filter, relays, and ignition coil. We don't have the money to put it on a computer plus I don't know if we could get it to a place that does that because no one in our town has the equipment for volvos. So if someone could give me a suggestion of what this might be I would truely appreciate it.

Trevor Long
125

Check your fuel pump. That might be the cause of it, just turn the key to the on position but don't turn the car over and see if you hear the traditional humm of the fuel pump kicking on. Also they can check that at a shop, but might the the Idle Air Controller? I would go to volvospeed.com and post on their message board for some more advice on this since it could be one of many things.

protocol
0

I had the same problem , and even though a buddy of mine owns a import car garge he didnt catch it initially either the problem is the ignition itself a very slight tap towards you will turn lights back on and car too.