My 1999 Volvo S70 blew a tie rod through the engine. The car is in good shape. Is there any value (for parts) or should I just scrap it?

Craftray
10

Asked by Craftray Apr 26, 2013 at 01:48 PM about the 1999 Volvo S70

judge_roy

think that you mean "connecting rod" tie rods are responsible for steering you thru a turn and bouncing up and down while keepin' 'er steady. Replace the motor with a pickNpull motor for cheap...have your pal leonard help you with the installation for a case of beverage~

judge_roy

pull from a wrecked car, smashed at the rear, presumably with a good runnin' motor, you could check the odometer on your donor car~ recommend a rear collision donor~

judge_roy

how did you know it was a rod? punched right thru the oil pan?

judge_roy

would be an adventure to Pick and actually Pull....I wanna come along! need a pickup truck to drop it off the crane there~

Craftray
10

Right. I am trying to get more information. The car is 500 miles away with one of my kids right now. Information is sketchy.

45,735

The car still has value. It could be parted out and the remainder sold for scrap. If you could find a replacement engine and had the ability to change it, it might be worth changing it. In my area, scrap yards will pay $300 and tow it away.

judge_roy

learn to change your oil on time~~tough lesson.