air bag warning

powerbike
0

Asked by powerbike Oct 19, 2012 at 04:21 AM about the 2000 Volvo S80

how do i knock out the airbag warning light? there is no problem with it, only keeps displaying air bag service

67,955

Ah, since the light is on, there is a problem. Have it checked out by a mechanic, you don't want to mess with an airbag if you don't know what your doing.

Richard Schroer
2,595

more than likely one or more of the airbag sensors have gone bad- if the light is on, the airbags won't deploy, so you want to get it fixed as soon as possible if you want them to work- you do not want to try to do it yourself- airbags inflate by means of a controlled explosion and they are nothing to mess with.

John Leone
3,845

what the others (above), don't realize is the sophistication in VOLVO, and the airbag senses the weight in the seat, and will deploy force calculated according to a predetermined "safe" amount, pending momentum........actually, the airbag itself is RARELY THE ISSUE on cars., however, the system is part of the seat-belt buckle, and seat belt itself (WAY MORE COMMON), yes only a qualified computer will be able to diagnose the issue, OR EVEN READ IT......there is no reset button, the only way to reset every computer, is to remove the positive battery cable, and attach the cable to the (still connected), negative terminal and hold it there for 30 seconds or so, this drains the ecu, and everything, feel free to try that, and see how fast it turns back on. OR message me with more concerns,

mrcomanche
0

Hi John My issue is slightly different, but similar. Car was fine till I connected an error code reader to it. After disconnecting the reader dashboard light and radio light went out, no indicators and dim headlight is on all the time. Headlight switch doesn't respond to anything. Emergency button shows a weak light, very unusual. I've checked the fuses and relays, I believe they're all good. Any ideas? Thank you, I appreciate your inputs in advance. Cheers Bence

Joneser
40

I believe the original post is actually referring to a message in the text display, not an SRS warning light. I have the same problem. Low voltage due to a weak battery triggered a fault in the SRS control unit, and even though I changed the battery and the SRS light is now out, I get the message saying urgent SRS system service is necessary. It is stored in non-volatile memory and disconnecting the battery does not help. Any tricks for a manual reset of just the text message memory would be appreciated to avoid a trip to the dealer. Thanks!