Bulb position light failure 2001 s60 volvo driver side front and back park lights

utvolvo2001s60
0

Asked by utvolvo2001s60 Feb 22, 2013 at 12:20 PM about the 2001 Volvo S60

Bulb position light failure. the lights bulbs are good, I checked them with the passenger side socket and plub them in and they light up , but the drive side front and back socket are not working. The blinker and brake and side park lights work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

judge_roy

Got a tester? It's a little probe with the 12 V bulb on the other end. take a look at the source...and track it to the failure.

judge_roy

tracking this wire, ends up in a wire bundle, of course you wouldn't want to un-bundle anything, but you could note the color of the troubled wire and find it's origin point- pull out the electrical schematic, would help you to de-code these bundles.

judge_roy

sadly, I've got the same problem with Ole Bessie, left turn signal inextricably is putting out 350 mA instead of 12V. I did nothing except change the bulb....and now am dealt a most inconvenient problem as the left arm making a left for a hand signal gets old quick~!