where do you add water to engine

rosan
0

Asked by rosan May 28, 2007 at 10:53 AM about the 1991 Volkswagen Jetta

We need to know where the receptacle is to add water to engine

Lifted04ChevyCrewZ71
90

its called a radiator cap and don't put water in it or you will overheat! Use a 50/50 mix of water and antifreeze! You can buy it already mixed! Stop at a gas station and ask the attendent to check your antifreeze level. Get him to check all the fluids under your hood while he's there helping you!

Anonymous
0

Thanks. We finally found someone who knew VW engines who told us much the same thing. Thanks.

Gesford
130

if u have a 94-99 its ur overflow. and dont put just any water in it, u need distilled water

Ben Fleming
45

Ideally if you add to the overflow it will pull the fluid into the radiator if it is low. Top it off, and then drive it a bit, and check it again. if it's empty, repeat until it stays within the hot/cool lines. And agreed, don't add water. Anti freeze is more than just anti-freeze, it's also anti corrossive.

Becky Edwards
15

Anti freeze is good and all not altogether needed in the cooling system(other than in winter), distilled water and water wetter works best. Anti-freeze actually has less ability to dissapate heat than just water. all colours of anti freeze are corrosive to some degree. uhhh duuhhh