struts &tires &ride

A.Paul Drozdowski
25

Asked by A.Paul Aug 08, 2008 at 02:12 AM about the 1991 Volkswagen Fox

I have a fox  love the car I have owned three of them, I live in a PLACE that the roads are BAD .The fox is a rally car How do improve the ride??????

Jeff Petack
475

1. Softer springs 2. Softer shocks 3. Lighter wheels & tires 4. Lower the air pressure in your tires 5. Look into tires that are a passenger type which will have good ride quality

A.Paul Drozdowski
25

i have mid range struts all round ,13in tires come in only passenger type unless you go high pro I have stock rims & steel rims only for winter to add weight & traction

Jeff Petack
475

Not much you can do besides lowering your tire pressure. Different tires and wheels would improve the ride, but that can get expensive.

A.Paul Drozdowski
25

I just saw a four door FOX with a leaf spring setup in the rear end instead of the factory strut set up is there any way that I could use the same setup in a two door?? The car is the same year.