Disarming the alarm system for a 95 VW Jetta

rabunga
0

Asked by rabunga May 11, 2008 at 03:28 PM about the 1995 Volkswagen Jetta

Our son bought a 1995 VW Jetta.  As he was working on the vehicle he set off the anti-theft system.  Now the car will not start and we have been unable to trace how to disarm it.  The car did not come with any manuals or other information.  Any information or help would be great.

Gesford
150

ok. i had the same problem. first on the driver side remove the panal where the drivers knees would be. when u do u will be able to see ur fuses and a bunch of wires. way up in the dash there will be 2 modules, one has a a 6 wire connector and one has a 10 wire connector, unplug them both, then ur alarm will be off but it kills ur starter, to keep the starter workin connect the 5 and 6 wire from the 6 wire connector together, it should work if not let me know.

You think this is helpful.
1888lockout
20

Nice tip you are the man!! worked like a charm

nars1000
40

i did the steps, but now when i turn the key on the ignition all i get is this cheap toy machine gun sounds. any suggestions on what i did wrong?

wearmestp11
0

Omg Thank you so much we did what you said and now i can start my car....WOOT. i just happened to run across your answer when searching the web for this problem... xoxoxooxoxooxo

wearmestp11
0

OMG Thank you so much, I just happened on this site while searching for this problem and it worked, I can drive my car thanks to you...xoxoxoxoxxooxoxxooxx WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ps: didn't cost anything thanks to you...

galeocerdo
20

Just want to say thank you. I followed your directions and so far so good. I live in an apartment with no parking so I usually park within a couple of blocks of my place, and sometimes if I am lucky, right out front. About a week ago I was alerted to the fact that my alarm had been going off for hours on end. The police officer who informed me of this issue told me that on the next time they had to respond to this particular instance, my car would be towed. The shop quoted me ~$500 to diagnose and fix this, but between the information posted here and information posted on a few other forums, I was able to remedy the situation myself. I have a 1995 VW Jetta celebration edition. Again, thank you so much! Bryce

thomasvr6
20

i did it i after i cranked it about 5 times n the sixth time it sounded like it wanted to crank, Same thing happened to me i was trying to install an aftermarket radio after that it wants to crank but doesnt fire

thomasvr6
20

Hi i tried that i cranked it about 5 times n th sixth time it sounded like it wanted to start n then died. the same thing happened to me i was working with the wires trying to install an aftermarket radio with after that it would crank but not fire.

Chevykid19
60

I have a question gesford, I unhooked the two modules but I'm unsure about what you meant by connecting the 5 and 6 wire together, do I have to cut the other wires off from the six wire or no if you could get back to me as soon as possible it would be a big help I'm trying to decide to junk it or fix it and I don't really want to junk it, again thanks.

galeocerdo
20

I am not Gesford, but if I remember correctly... I disconnected the battery, then both the 6 and 10 wired connectors, as suggested. On the 6 wire connector, I think the wires are numbered, I cut the 5th and 6th wire on the connector, stripped about an inch off of them, then joined them together with a hefty twist on wire connector. This bi-passes the alarm system and allows your starter to still receive an electrical signal. Awkward to get at, but a relief to save the money. Hope I have helped.

ejhkull
40

It worked great, my car starts, but now my hazard flashers keep blinking, and I can not turn them off. Any ideas anyone?

Tyler Olson
0

pull out either the hazard fuse or relay, your hazards wont work, but hey, they wont be blinking!!! but check and make sure it does not affect normal operation of the turn signals

Rick Laguna
10

there are 2 plugs with six wires witch one do i unplugg

Joe Rubenzer
10

Thanks man that's the bomb and we are back in business. You saved us tons of money.

N3wfri3nd
0

Awesome post - worked as stated - purchased another module via a salvage yard and we are a 100% - A BIG THANKS