no circulation oil to the engine, why?

peqin1
0

Asked by peqin1 Apr 25, 2012 at 10:00 PM about the 2000 Volkswagen Passat

the engine works so dry, and there is no oil comming to the valves. when the engine is running for couple minutes from the filling oil cap comes out like a steam.

aztec626bf
6,505

A few things to check are plugged/defective oil filter, plugged intake screen on oil pump, oil pressure relief stuck open. Do you have oil pressure gauge or light that is confirming low pressure? If you have "steam" coming out of filler cap you might be looking at head or head gasket issues.

Best Answer