car keys and license were stolen how much will this cost?

tracyfast
0

Asked by tracyfast Mar 01, 2013 at 02:43 AM about the 2000 Volkswagen Beetle

45,705

The cost depends on what type of keys you have and what country you live in. Call your local dealer.

Racer_X
11,875

You should also report the stolen license to your local DMV (as well as the Police Dept) as you will need to get a re-issued photo license. As far as the keys are concerned, whoever stole them has the means to get into your car and drive it (that's assuming they know where you live). I'm sure you have the 2nd set of keys, so for now....I'd consider putting a Club type steering wheel lock device on....You could price out what changing out the car locks and keys would cost...not sure this makes sense in a 13 years old German car though. Probably better to just trade in the old girl,,,,

13,125

After reporting the theft to the police & getting a new license I'd have the locks, door, ignition, trunk, etc. replaced at the VW dealer. Assuming, of course, you plan on keeping the car. HTH. -Jim