the engine motor of my volkswgen jetta wagon 2001 turn on when I start the car, what can cause this?

vicanmi68
10

Asked by vicanmi68 Feb 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM about the 2001 Volkswagen Jetta

The engine light come on when I turn the car., please what it can be, and how can be fix, thank you

DavidH25

If you mean the little engine symbol light on the dash, there are many things that will cause it to light up, Does your car run OK? If not please describe what

vicanmi68
10

Yes the car is running OK, it happens once before for a few minutes and it turn off by itself, but this time it didn't

DavidH25

Some cars,yours I don't know, the check engine light will come on from mileage alone. The dealers/factory want you in for service Sorry I can't be more help than suggesting getting your fault codes read at a parts store. I say that too often, but when I don't know what may be going on especially when the car runs OK. Check your gas cap. That is one of the common things.