Transmission not shifting

Iowa
50

Asked by Iowa Mar 09, 2013 at 11:04 PM about the 2006 Suzuki Forenza

i have i 2006 suzuki forenza with 102000 miles and just recently my transmission started acting up. I tried to pull away from a stop light and it took more acceleration than normal to go. Then i realized the check engine light was on. Not sure if it's stuck in a certain gear or not but it doesn't shift. i was going about 55 or 60 at about 3000 rpm's when normally it would only be about 2000. At first i thought maybe it could be low on fluid, but im not able to just check the fluid since there is no dipstick. It also shifts hard when going from park to reverse or from neutral to drive. It does start and run just fine so I'm not sure if it's a sensor. Is this my transmission beginning to burn up or (hopefully) a simple fix that won't cost 3000 or more dollars to fix?

judge_roy

http://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-423001-ElmScan-Diagnostic-Software/dp/B002PYBZJO/ref=sr_1_7?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1362893088&sr=1-7 get your codes read. we can tell then.

Iowa
50

I took it in and got the codes read and i got po700 and po734

Dustmite72
20

It's your Transmission Range Sensor. It'll cost between 200-300 for a service tech to replace it. Your actual transmission should be fine. Make sure you take it to an actual Suzuki Repair center, as my normal mechanic couldn't get it right, and I went through a few of them before I had it put on correctly.

Bruno Diaz
10

mine was doing the same so i disconect the battery and after that i did the same whit the transmission sensor and i spray electronic cleaner it was very dirty i plug it back and kaboom no more problems i hope it helps