Car will not stay running

tombusiness
15

Asked by tombusiness Apr 20, 2014 at 09:39 PM about the 1997 Subaru Legacy

The car will not run on its own I squirt starter fluid and gas in air throtttle it runs.
Help

7jimmy7
13,045

a fuel problem for sure, check fuel pump fuse, filter or line pressure at Schrader valve on fuel rail

Best Answer
tombusiness
15

Fuel pump is working, gas flows out at the out side of fuel filter. Where is Schrader valve ?

7jimmy7
13,045

at engine top at fuel tube rail same as tire valve ,may have a cap screwed on it

7jimmy7
13,045

fuel at side of filter? then I bet it makes it to the fuel rail , now were talking an injector pulse not happening, that pulse comes from the computer by way of a few sensors sending a proper signal to it. and powered up by way of a fuse or two and a relay ck. them first! fuel pulse signals would come from certain sensors like crank,and cam, but so does the spark and timing and you got that. unplug an electric injector jack and test light for 8 volt pulse while cranking, should blink! VOM volt, ohm meter should read 8 to 12 volt at pulse jack. if very low resistance in wiring from PC means corroded 60 pin connector at computer or fried or corroded harness wire coming to injectors .PSI fuel line is tested at Schrader, some cars need 57 to 60 PSI or will not spray fuel at all.

Jeff Smith
1,385

I'd check cylinder compression with either a compression or leak down tester.