Busted up plastic protector(s)

judge_roy

Asked by judge_roy Sep 19, 2012 at 02:16 PM about the 2006 MINI Cooper

Drove down rugged 6th street, and the engine protector was just hangin' scrapin' along.  We already know to replace the 'skirt' as it is smashmouth and cannot be mended.  Minimania seems to have them. Is'nt there  a sheetmetal version of this protecting piece? Could you recommend a source for replacement for both of these? What are they made of paper-mache?

Michael Branan
1,705

The ABS is pretty flimsy and weak. You can check ECSTuning.com, BavAuto.com, Umnitza.com and many more. Personally, I have found that there is some great corregated material (black material that is found in solar water heaters) that can be quick replacements. Just trace the original, cut and replace.

judge_roy

Engine Shield by Cobalt - Aluminum by moss motors for $144 is what we ended up with- Have to price out the installation. Looked like four bolts- like, not hard, if you've got a lift.

judge_roy

busted lip is going to be replaced mossmotors NMX7606 - FRONT SPOILER - LOWER LIP - COOPER 7/04+ PRODUCTION, $61.95

judge_roy

got it under control. Just need a mini mechanic, which is a 1:15 hour drive down to Santa Rosa- will check with Bob Kraft here locally to see if this bodywork repair is within his wheelhouse. Can't be more than two hours labor- You guys are awesome!