Back tire scraping body after accident. Is is drivable? What's wrong with car? 2006 mercury mariner

Pauldurkin
0

Asked by Pauldurkin Dec 29, 2012 at 05:44 PM about the 2006 Mercury Mariner

How much would repair be? Is car
operational?

49,595

It's driveable if you can get the body work off the tire. How much to repair and operational is unknown with the information given.

Pauldurkin
0

It was able to still drive, but swerving a bit, but I am unable to tell if this is the blizzard currently coming down causing the swerving. Would I be simply able to lift the body or would this be a job for a mechanic?

49,595

Impossible to answer with a sketchy description and no pictures. Is the wheel still pointing in the same general direction? Is the suspension still attached? Have someone look at it before something bad happens.

Pauldurkin
0

I was able to turn around and drive about 100 feet but there definitely was a lot of rattling noises. Tire seems to be in place though.

Pauldurkin
0

Ok, I drove it home. It feels like it is a permanent skid and thumps badly when I turn. Tire scraping against body. Any idea what is wrong? Axel?